Minimum Daily Package
In keeping with the government of Bhutan's policy of “High Value – Low Impact” tourism, all tourists to Bhutan (except the nationals of India, Bangladesh and Maldives) must come through a licensed Bhutanese tour operator on a "Minimum Daily Package".
The minimum daily tariff covers the following costs:
- Accommodation in a minimum of a 3 star hotel
- Dedicated vehicle with an experienced driver
- A licensed cultural/trekking guide
- Trekking equipment, staff, porters/pack animals in case of trekking tours
- All taxes, royalties and fees (including entry fees to museums/monuments etc.)
- Bottled drinking water
The cost of the Minimum Daily Package prescribed by the TCB is as follows:
- High Season (March – May; and September - November) - US$ 250 per person per night;
- Low Season (December, January, February and June to August) – US$200 per person per night;
Tourists traveling alone or in a group of 2 persons are subject to a surcharge over and above the minimum daily rates as follows:
- Single person – US$ 40 per night
- 2 persons - US$ 30 per person per night
- Children up to age 5 are fully exempted from the tariff. Children above age 5 up to 12 are entitled to a discount of 50% of the applicable daily tariff;
- Full time students below age 25 are entitled to a discount of 25% of the applicable tariff, subject to production of a valid identification issued by their academic institution;
- For groups of 11 to 15 persons, one individual will be given 50% discount.
- For groups of more than 15 persons, one person will be given a 100% discount.
Remittance of Tour Payment
Once your tour itinerary has been finalized, you will need to send the full payment for the tour in advance. As per the TCB's regulations, we can apply for your visa only after the full payment for the tour has been received. The payment must be wired to a designated account held by an authorized Bhutanese bank with one of its overseas correspondent banks.On receipt of confirmation of the deposit in its overseas account, the Bhutanese bank will credit the amount to the TCB's account maintained with it in Bhutan. The TCB will release the amount to us (net of the royalty and applicable taxes) only after you have completed your tour to Bhutan. We will provide you with the details for sending the remittance after your tour itinerary has been finalized.
You may send the cost of the air ticket to Bhutan and the tour together in one installment, or as two separate remittances, according to your convenience.
The details for making the transfers to Bhutan are given below:
Bank of America, New York (US$ Account)
Bank Address: Bank of America, New York, USA SWIFT Code: BOFAUS3N
Beneficiary Bank Account No. 6550691700 (USD A/C)
Beneficiary Bank: Bhutan National Bank, P.O. Box 439, GPO Building, Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
Ultimate Beneficiary: Account No. 20700220576620019 of Enchanted Kingdom Tours maintained with BNB, Thimphu
Accommodation is normally on a twin sharing basis. In case of single occupancy, depending on the circumstances there may be a surcharge of $50/night during the High season, and $25/night during the Low season. All bookings in 3 star hotels are covered by the minimum daily tariff.
Stays in luxury resorts and hotels such Amankora, Uma, Zhiwaling, Taj Tashi etc. will be charged on actual basis)
A tour booking is considered as confirmed after the full payment for the tour has been received by us.In case of cancellation of a confirmed tour, the following cancellation charges shall apply:
|Cancellation Period||Cancellation Charge (% of Tour Cost)||Administration Fee|
|30 or more days prior to scheduled date of arrival in Bhutan||None||US$75|
|15 - 29 days prior to scheduled date of arrival in Bhutan||25%||-|
|Less than 15 days prior to scheduled date of arrival in Bhutan||50%||-|
|After scheduled date of arrival in Bhutan||100%||-|
- Notice of cancellation must be received by us in writing, including by electronic means;
- No refund is applicable in case of tour days foregone due to circumstances beyond our control;
- Visa fee is non-refundable if visa has already been issued;
- Refund of cost of air-tickets purchased through us will be as per the airline's policy.
Accommodation is normally on a twin sharing basis. In case of single occupancy, depending on the circumstances, there may be a surcharge of $50/night during the High season, and $25/night during the Low season.
Accommodation in hotels and resorts above 3 star category will be subject to additional charges.